onsdag 19 mars 2008

Hot Knives

The wife forgave the mistress
For she only entertained
The pain was gone the instant 
She cleared her throat to speak her name
Said, “Both of us must suffer 
From this same unending ache”

The world was not of interest 
Though her days were never dull
Her bed beneath a crucifix 
On guests performing miracles
With the Son of God just hanging like a common criminal
"When I do wrong, I am with God," she thought
"When I feel lost, I am not at all"

So give me black light 
So give me hot knives 
On a dance floor no one tells time 

Oh, I’ve made love, yeah, I’ve been fucked, so what?
I’m a cartoon, you’re a full moon, let’s stay up

She went to see a mystic 
Who made medicine from rain
And gave up her existence 
To feel everything, dream other’s dreams
Bid farewell to her family 
With one ecstatic wave 
Out the window as the car rolled away
She just vanished into a thick mist of change

So let us rejoice 
In all this pink noise 
An oscillation that we can pinpoint 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar